Thursday, August 18, 2011

Up To You


Hey! It's been a while. Shopping has taking most of my writing time and changing laptops was a headache. Um, yeah sorry for the wait though. Enjoy and Comment =) <3


The Limo driver was there waiting. Dontae was right on my heels. The whole right to the restaurant was silence. I had nothing to say to him. And he knew better to say anything to me. Once the limo came to a stop, and the driver open the door. I stormed off ahead of them. The only person I truly wanted right now was my mom but I guess Dad would work right now. I already saw him sitting at the table, with this lady.
“There goes daddy’s princess, Where are the boys?” he stood up to hug and kiss me.
“They are coming. Who is the lady daddy?” I asked as I sat down next to the chair that had a booster seat in it.
“Just like your mom, Always asking questions.” He laughed. “I want you to meet my fiancée, Jessica.” What? This lady looked 21. She had long jet black curly hair, that stopped at her shoulders and she was a caramel color, she looked about 5’7.
“Oh. What a surprise? I thought she was your daughter too, she looks around my age. But nice to meet you!” I shook her hand.
“Erika, be nice. She looks around your age, because she is. She is just 22. But age doesn’t matter. I knew once I met her that I was going to a ring on her finger.” He kissed her. I thought I was going to gag.
“Hey Erika, You can call me Jes.” Her Spanish accent was so pretty. I gave her a half-smile. I saw Dontae and DJ walking in from the corner of my eye.
“Hello Sir. I’m Dontae and this is my son DJ.” He said shaking my dad’s hand. Jessica figured something was up with us, since I rolled my eyes the whole time he was talking. I took DJ and sat him down beside me leaving Dontae sitting across from us.
“Erika,” Jessica started. “You are this type of glow what type of make-up you use?” I smiled as Dontae started laughing. He knew that glow wont from make-up.
“I use Avon products, but this glow is not from my make-up.” I said and she started laughing. I guess having a young step-mom won’t be so bad after all. My dad was lost for a minute, but he figured it out finally.
“So Dontae what do you do for a living?” One thing about my dad is that he is overprotective.
“Oh he’s gigolo. He takes pride on having all these different girlfriends.” I said giving him the evil eye. My dad’s eyes got huge.
“Funny, Erika. But no I’m in college. I major in Business Management. I also work part-time though. Why don’t you tell your dad how your prostitution job is going?” He was lucky my dad was sitting right there. And I had respect for him or I would have thrown my fork at his face. But I decided it won’t worth it so I got up and ran to the bathroom with Jessica right behind me.
“You okay?” she asked me while I was standing in the bathroom. She put her arms around me and I just broke out in tears. “It’s okay mami. Let it all out. You can tell me all about it.”
“It was all going good till I answered his phone this morning. It was some girl saying that she was his girlfriend and asking ‘how do I taste’ and shit. She better be lucky I was down here or she would have found how my stiletto tastes down her throat. And I asked Tae about and he wanted to play dumb. And he goes to put me out there in front of my dad. The only reason I cheated on him was to help him. It aint my fault he wanted to be on the streets, and some psycho boy who had a crush on me wanted to kill him if I didn’t give he want he wanted. And he knows I’m a good girlfriend I take care of his son. I have that boy every day. I just don’t know what to do anymore.” I started crying harder.
“Girl, I had the same problems when I was your age. You will be alright. How about we go back in there and act like none of this ever happen and enjoy your nice brunch. I won’t tell your dad anything it would be just between us. I pinky promise.”  I started laughing, she reminded me so much like Kia.
Once I fixed my face, we returned back to the table. I sat down to find the DJ had eaten almost all of my bacon but I didn’t have an appetite.
“Erika. You going out tonight?” Jessica asked me.
“Yes. Me and Kia are going to the club to celebrate my birthday. You wanna come with us?” I said not even looking at Dontae.
“Ok. How about after this me and go to the apartment and get my clothes and I spend the rest of the day with you!” I was excited. Going out with one fly girl is nice but two is even better.
“I guess you two are getting along good.” My dad asked. I can tell he was happy his two ladies are connecting.
“Dad, Is Twist at the studio later on today? Since I’m single now, I can finally say yes to my future husband.” I joked.
“Erika you need to stop. You know you love your knucklehead right there.” My dad said pointing at Tae who was staring at me, like I was the one who did something wrong. I made a face at my dad, who knew to change the subject. The rest of the brunch I talked about schools that I decided on going to since I was graduating in a week. I think Dontae was the most shocked when I said ‘Me and Kia both were accepted into Spelman and VCU.’ One is 9 hours away, the other 30 minutes away from home. He knew me and Kia was going together. And he thought I was going to the same college as him.
 After brunch, I rode home with my dad and Jessica. Their apartment was all white. I saw this beautiful painting of them over the fireplace; I guess I was truly his princess because I saw a picture of me everywhere. The most spectacular place in the whole apartment was her closet. I was in heaven she had lines of dresses and heels.
“What size are you?” she asked me.
“I’m a 8. And I wear a 5 in stilettos.” I can tell we wore the same size because her face lit up. And she started going through her clothes pulling out all these things with the tag still on it.
“You would cute in this. It’s a little too young looking for me.” She ends up giving 10 shirts, 5 pairs of jeans, 12 pairs of shoes and like 15 dresses. Me and Kia will be happy since we all wear the size but she wears a 8 shoes.
My dad dropped us off at my hotel. “You girls be safe.” He kissed me on the cheek. And gave his fiancé a messy kiss on the lips. She saw I was getting grossed out so she pulled away.
Once I open the door to the suite, Kia jumped up, I can tell she was panicking.
“Omg. Where you been?” she grabbed me. “I saw Tae and ‘em come in. And I was like where was you then he gonna act all stink and shid. Chile, then dude gonna have the nerve to send that demon child over here; I send him back. Ohh, Who she?” Kia said all in one breathe just recognize Jessica standing there.
“Kia meet my dad’s fiancée Jessica aka one of new besties!” I said. Kia eyes got huge.
“Chile, She look my age. And she pretty. I knew daddy had good taste. But ay, What’s good ma?” Kia said sounding ghetto, which her stuck-up tail was.
“Hey sweetie.” Jessica sat down on the chair, “I can tell yall spend a lot of time together cause yall both are thick.” We all laughed, until Dontae walked in and an awkward silence.
“Erika can we talk?” Dontae asked. It sounded serious, but I don’t have time for him.
“We just did, I have nothing to say to you.” I shifted in my seat not even facing him.
“Well I do, and you need to listen. I’m trying to make us work but you not making it easy.” I’m getting so sick and tired of him. All we do fuss, why are we together if we only going to break up?
“Make it quick, I have better things to do with my time.”  I got up and walked pass everyone. He can tell my attitude was full force. We step inside his suite; he stood up looking at me while I lay beside DJ who was taking a nap. The look on his face was too serious, so I moved my attention to my nails.
“Erika baby, tell me how we got to this? Last night I was ready to put the ring on your finger, now you acting like I don’t exist.” Is he serious? I laughed
“I don’t have time for cheating ass niggas, who don’t appreciate me. And then yo ass has the nerve to call me out in front of my damn dad basically calling me a hoe and shit. I should cut ya dick off and make a necklace.” I whispered.
“See all this over Trina? You want me to call her and see what’s up? Cause you know I barely make time for you and my son.” His voice got high so I know he was getting heated.
“Call her ass; I want to hear this shit!” I got up handed him his phone laying on the nightstand. I sat down cross my legs and gave him the death glare.
He took a deep breath and dialed her number.
‘Hey Tae. What’s up?’
‘You, how going to tell my girlfriend saying that we been together knowing it aint true.”
‘Why are you denying it? You know you been over my house, Im the one who you got you the job. Without me you would be broke.’
‘You crazy. I aint never touched you. Yeah we flirted at a party but that was it. You was the one trying to rape me in the bathroom.’
‘Ha. You’re funny, I’m glad I didn’t give you none. I heard ya dick little.’ I started laughing.
‘You just proved my point. Delete my number.’
‘This aint over. I got something for you and ya plus-size Barbie doll’
I think I got mad, ‘Well bitch bring it. I will whoop ya little stick ass. Let me find out where you stay.’ I yelled.
‘Anyway’ she popped her gum. ‘Call me Tae when you ready to make the drop’ and she hung up the phone.
I think I burned half of his brain through my glare, I told him I don’t do drug dealers and he is like really pushing it. I stormed out of the room, back to where Kia and Jessica was sitting I know they heard the whole conversation.
“You good ma?” Kia asked as I walked. I put on a fake smile and just nodded my head.
“I’m tired, so I’m just going to take a nap. I think I have jetlag.” I just laid on the bed, telling the pillows all my feelings and end up crying myself to sleep. I didn’t have an idea of what was going on, I really didn’t want to be there at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment