The next couple of months went fast. Before I knew it, It was 2 weeks till my birthday and my Atlanta trip. Kia has officially moved in with me, it felt good having my sister there with me. Me and Dontae’s relationship has been very strong and DJ has been getting big and still adorable.
I know everything is going good with us and I didn’t want to mess that up but I kept feeling weird vibes from him,
“Bae, what’s up with you?” I asked in my little sweet voice as he lay between my legs on his sofa.
“Nothing, just thinking about stuff.” He answered quickly.
“What are you thinking about? You know you can tell me anything right?” I played with his hair.
“I know bae, but I don’t want you to worry about it.” His phone started ringing. I couldn’t hear the conversation but he just said ‘I can handle it’ and ‘it’s going down tonight’. All those words starting adding up in my head, and I’m not going through it again. Once he got off the phone and sat beside me on the chair, I had to ask him.
“Dontae, are you selling drugs? And you better tell me the truth.” I gave him a look that said it all.
“See baby, why you asking me that? You always are jumping to conclusions. I’m doing what I have to do to take care of my family. That little 9 to 5 job ain’t cutting it. How you think I can afford you and my son?” He yelled at me. Is he serious?
“You know what, I can’t do this anymore. If you want to be out there in the game you can to it. But you won’t have a girlfriend. I’m not going to be a ride-or-die chick to a boy out there in the streets again. I already lost one boy I loved out there, I’m not going to lose another one.” I started putting on my shoes and looking for my keys. Dontae grabbed as I was walking out the door.
“What you mean again? Talk to me baby.” I looked at him with tears in my eyes.
“You remember Rocko? Well I was with him for a good 3 months. I was young so I didn’t know how to say no and look out for myself. So he had me hiding little bag of weed in my bra and panties. But one day he got this strange call from somebody. So we went to this warehouse and some man grabbed me and held a gun to my head. I had to sit there and watch them kill him. I was so devastated, I couldn’t tell anybody.” I tried to mentally block out that part of my life.
“I didn’t know baby. I will get out for you.” I held me tight.
“How can you get out? Now it’s only two ways out: prison or dead. I don’t want either to happen to you” I start to cry at the thought of losing him.
“Well tonight is my last time, I promise.” He kissed my forehead. I still didn’t want to be there with him so I left anyway with my little man, DJ.
“DJ, you hungry?” I asked the little boy in my rearview mirror.
“Yes. I want McDonalds.” He jumped around in his car seat.
“Ew. How about me and you go to get Aunt Kia and we go to Chuck E. Cheese.?” I heard him scream so I took that as a yes. So I called Kia using the Bluetooth with the car.
“Yes.” She answered the phone.
“That’s how you answer me now. Well you dress we going to CEC and then to the mall. I got some last minute shopping to do.”
“Girl, I’m ready. I will be outside waiting.” She was hype. I said her favorite word ‘shopping’.
This girl was sitting outside with a mini skirt, tank top and some knee boots. She took fly to another level. I knew I was going to do most the playing with DJ because I was dressed way more casual. I had on a sweatshirt that hangs off my shoulder that had a picture of me and donate spray-painted in a heart, with a pair of jeggings and some black, white and pink Jordan.
“Mommy, what does Aunt Kia have on?” DJ asked me. I didn’t even hear the question I was startle at the fact he called me ‘mommy’. I had to text Dontae and let him know that. He replied back with a smiley face.
“Let get on to CEC, I can’t wait to see all these cute little babies.” Kia sarcasm was not needed. Before I could be just as sarcastic as her, somebody starting knocking on my window.
“I haven’t heard from you in months boo, I missed you.” I knew by the voice it was Chris.
“How did you find out where I lived?” I was scared.
“Miss Erika, I know everything about you. I see your son back there. But skip all that small talk why haven’t you call or text me? I haven’t seen you that day in Chili’s when you was rubbing ol’ dude in my face.” What’s wrong with him?
“Well you have my number too. And how was I rubbing my boyfriend in your face. You were the one watching me like I was a movie or something. But I’m going to need you to move because I got places to go.” I guess I came off like I had an attitude or something cause he looked at me like I was crazy.
“I guess somebody acting like a little bitch now. I see how we doing it know. But I do know that one day during your birthday weekend, when your done playing house, me and you will go out. And word around the block you got that good-good and let just say I’m ready to find out. Don’t worry about dude cause after tonight he gonna to know not to get in the way of what Chris wants.” My heart fell out my chest onto the floor.
“What are you talking about Chris?” my voice was shaky.
“Ya boy out there trying to be on his grown man ish, He just betta watch his back or he might be in the ICU.” Chris starting walking away, and I jumped out the car so fast to catch him,
“Chris, no!” I cried. “I will do whatever just don’t hurt my baby.” The look in his eyes was so full of greed. He slowly pulled me closer to him and rubbing my face. He whispered in my ear, “Let just give Chris what he wants then I will leave dude alone.” I shook my head and said, “Call it off now than I will let you have it.” He gave in and called some people and I guess it was all done.
I walked back to the car and told Kia what I have to do. I told her just to go in the house and play Wii with DJ while I handle business. She gave me a hug and told me to be safe, I gave her my purse and my keys, I just held on to my phone.
“Ay, Baby you ready?” Chris said as he approached me as I was giving DJ a hug. I shook my head. And we proceeded to his car.
“I guess the drug game good, huh? A Lexus, I got one of these for my sixteenth birthday.” The attitude was bleeding from my voice. The whole ride Kia texted me telling me to tell Dontae but I knew I couldn’t do it.
We arrived to his house, rather small in my opinion. I texted the address to Kia just in case an emergency occurs. He led me to his room, a typical male teenager. I felt his eyes watch me as I walked around and sat at the foot of his bed. He rolled up a blunt, and sat it on his nightstand I guess it’s for later.
“You look hot, take off your shoes and sweater.” I did what he said because I want this to be over already. He moved closer to move and starting kissing my shoulder blades, I closed my eyes and picture I was with Dontae. His hands started roaming my body and I started taking off his clothes. Even though I was mad, He had a nice little body on him. He stood up and took off his pants and boxers. He motioned for me to come to him. I bend over in front of him and my mouth became full of his manhood. I guess that is all he wanted because he went back to bed and lit up his blunt and smoked his way to sleep. That was my cue to leave, I started to put back on my clothes and text Kia to come and get me.
When Kia pulled up, I ran to her. “Dang your weave ain’t messed up so I guess it won’t good.” She laughed. I was still in shock of what I just did. She talked the whole way back to the house where I found Dontae sitting on my steps.
“Kia, did you call him?” I screamed
“I had too. You were kidnapped anything could have happened to you. I just wanted to be safe. I didn’t give him all the details though.” Kia said as she walked in the house leaving me to fight my battle by myself.
“Baby you alright, I was worried sick.” Dontae walk towards me and tried to kiss me but I turned my head.
“I’m sorry.” I started to cry in his arms.
“Baby what’s wrong?” Dontae asked looking me in my eyes.
“I did it for us. Chris said he was going to hurt you if I didn’t. All he asked for was a little head and that is it. We didn’t do anything else.” He wiped my tears; I can tell he was a little hurt.
“So you did it for me, my little ride-or-die chick. But make sure you stay away from Chris. You know what I might just ask mom can me and DJ move in here too. Y’all got enough room. It’s the nursery and 2 extra rooms. Just to make sure my little princess stay safe.” He mushed me in playful way.
“Ok. If it’s cool with know you her than its fine by me, But you gotta pay rent or a bill no freeloaders up in here unless, you was invited by me. I need to brush my teeth 50 times and gargle so I can give you the biggest kiss ever.” I laughed.
“Yeah do that. But since you doing that type of stuff to other niggas what you going to do for me?”
“You will see …Later. But just pack something for ATL.” I said as I ran upstairs to get to brushing.
I can't wait till Erika's birthday bash!!
ReplyDeleteAww...she did that for him but ew..still disgusting lol.. :)