I had to post another one. Well enjoy this too. And please comment. =)
Its odd waking up because the sun is shining too bright on you, instead of a three-ring circus. I reached for my phone, "37 missed calls... great" i thought to myself. I just wanted to shower and start my day. A fresh start, I put my iPhone on the dock and Beyoncé 'Diva' blazed out the speakers. I quickly undressed and danced my way to the shower. The water hitting me felt so relaxing. Every time water dripped off i felt free.
Once i got out the shower, i heard my phone ringing, it was Kia's ringtone. It said she wanted to Facetime.
"Whats good ma?" I said looking at her put on her eyeliner
"Nothing much boo. Where we going today?'"
"The mall, Erika needs some shopping therapy." I said starting to pick out my clothes for the day.
"Yay! Pick me up around 12." She said as she blew me a kiss and ended the conversation.
Kia is a mess. I glanced at the time i have an hour and half before 12. So i can take my time getting dress and maybe a have a talk with my mom. After i picked out a good 10 outfits, I finally chose one that went with my mood: A ripped black and pink tank that have Love written on it, black jeggings, some pink and black booties, and a black half-jacket. My make-up was very simple. I used natural, skin tone colors but pink lip gloss. I didn’t feel like doing anything with my hair, so i sprayed oil sheen on it and let it hang in it natural wavy form. I stared at myself in the mirror, I looked good. I might just forget about Dontae and find me a new boo. Well 45 minutes left. I went downstairs to the kitchen, I’m really not that hungry but some toast and oatmeal will do.
"Mommy, What are you doing?" i laid on the sofa flipping through the stations.
"Nothing honeybunch. I was about to call you we need to talk" I watch her wobble to the sofa and seat down. She looks so adorable. "Erika, what happen last night?"
"A lot ma. We found DJ, I got into fight, and me and Dontae broke up." I mumbled.
"Wait. What? Erika did he hit you? I see that scratch on your face; you think foundation covers up everything?"
"No. Dontae will never hit me. It was his baby mama Gheteisha. And I really don’t want to talk about this right now!" I caught an attitude and ran upstairs to get my bag, phone and keys.
"Just know when you are ready to talk, I am here. Be safe. And where are you going?"
"Me and Kia are going to the mall. Isn’t it Saturday!"
"I should have known, ever since you have been getting all this money all you do is shop. I will be glad when you quit whatever you are doing it get a real job!" I hated when she says this too me.
"Ma, why do i need to work when i have Daddy's black card?" I laughed.
"You right, I guess you have to enjoy the life of a daughter of a music producer." I kissed her forehead and proceed to walk out the house.
Kia's house takes a little too long to get too. I love my friend to death but her family needs to move from out the country. I know the privacy is great but dang you have no neighbors. We all know that Kia's daddy make money in a more 'violent' way then the rest of us but does he have to do it in the boonies. From my house, I can listen to the whole 'Pink Friday' before I pull in her driveway. No wonder she always staying with her boyfriend.
"Kia, Come on out. I’m here finally!" I practically screamed in my phone. Next thing I know, Kia is walking out her house with a mini dress and some knee boots on. She looks cute, but dang we just going to mall.
"Hey Erika boo!" she kissed me on the cheek. "Hey my lil' boyfrie.. Erika? Where is my boyfriend? You know I missed my little DJ."
I laughed. "He with his father. But today is all about me and you. You ready to do damage?"
"Heck Yeah. My dad didn’t give me no money so I guess I just hold your bags." She looked so sad. I was gonna tell her something but my phone rung and interrupted my train of thought. I thought it was Dontae but it said 'Daddy' so I had to answer.
"Hello? Hey daddy, I miss you" I said in my sweet girly voice.
"Hey baby girl, what is daddy's princess doing?" His voice seemed so tired but he tried to put on a show.
"Me and Kia on the way to mall like always. What are you doing?"
"I guess I will be getting that bill soon. I’m glad a black card comes with no limit or the card would have got declined a good year ago. But I’m at the studio. I have been here for a good 5 hours but this song with Lil Twist will be worth it."
"OMG! You are in the studio with my future husband. Daddy! Give him my number.. a picture...something. I can be a inspiration of a song." My daddy started laughing in his deep baritone voice. I like having young parents my mom had me at 15. So both my parents are very young.
"I will show him a picture and see what he says. But i don’t think he might want me as a Father-in-Law. But when are you coming down here to see me?" I can tell he wanted to change the subject. He always wanted me to date a normal guy not somebody in the music industry.
"I’m trying to come my birthday weekend. But i might be me plus 1 or 3. Because me and Kia is going regardless but the extra 2 are on shaky ground right now." Kia eye's got big. I forget to tell her she is rolling with me to ATL for my birthday. She has never been out of Virginia. So this is an accomplishment to her.
"Just let me know so i can have the flight situation taken care of. But let me go back to work. You and Kia know the limit for today is 10 thousand. No more unless it’s like the cutest thing on earth or a emergency. You girls behave."
"Ok Daddy. We will." Me and Kia both said at the same time.
"Bye baby girl. I love you."
"Bye daddy. I love you too!" I hung up. My daddy was in a good mood today for some reason. Oh well, you never know with him.
The mall on Saturday is just like a party on Friday night. Everybody is there. Most of them are window shopping but they still there rocking there knockoffs. The first place I go in the mall is 'Juicy Couture'. That place is heaven me and Kia spent a good 2 thousand there and left out with 3 bags each. Now it’s time for the Louie and Gucci stuff, I buy a LV duffel bag and purse. While Kia gets this Gucci satchel. Always like her to get the cheap version of what i got, I know she sees my LV satchel. After all that, we go to the car drop the bags off, then head for the food court. Pretzel sticks and a half of chicken sandwich was all i need. Eating too much in public places is not cute.
"OMG..Kia do you see him?" I said while biting a pretzel stick.
"Who is he?" she followed my glare to him.
"The dude from the party last night and he work a kid’s foot locker. Score!"
"No. I told you I’m not going in the store. Yo little feet. Size 3 in boys." She is such a hater.
"Yes we are. I see some Jordans too. He probably won’t recognize me though." I said as i dragged her in the store. She put on her sunglasses to try and block people from noticing her in a kid’s store.
I picked up these pair of black and pink Jordans, they were cute I knew I had to get them.
"Do you girls need help?" Chris asked not even looking at me.
"Yes. I need this in a size 3." i said reluctantly.
"A 3? You must have some little feet. How old are you 12? Let me go them." He didn’t even look down at me. Oh well he will notice me.
"Here you go ma'am...Erika? I was talking to you the whole time. If i would have known that, i might would have tried to spit a little something to you." i laughed.
"Thank you for my shoes. Can i check out?"
"Yea ma. Anything for Ms. Erika." he said licking his lips and watching me as i bend over to pick up this last shoe.
"Don't be looking at my girlfriend like that partna." I heard this voice. The voice that i love hearing. The one that makes my insides happy. It was Dontae. I tried to hold my smile in.
"Yo girlfriend?" i said with so much attitude. "I’m no longer that. I found that out last night. You had a good thing but you rather lay down with ratchet stank hoes." I guess i was a little too loud because everybody was staring at us.
"Erika, can we talk about this in private? I don’t want DJ to hear this." I looked down at this little boy's hazel eyes that were so sad. I reached over and gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek. I guess Dontae was expecting one cause he started to lean toward me.
"I guess we can talk later," I paid for my shoes and me and Kia strutted out the store. I glanced back as Chris mouth "I will call you later" i gave him a smile.
After a good 3 hours at the mall, my feet and hands were hurting. I spent a good 8 thousand all together. Now i have to drop Kia off at her boyfriend house then go home take a nap and get ready to go out to another party. It’s odd going to a party flying solo. I’m so use to Dontae walking me in, and giving me the sexy eyes across the place. I guess i will see how this party go, since the theme is white tees/tanks and jeans. But I’m going to wear a white tank, booty shorts and knee high boots. I’m glad my mom had to work tonight or i would not got out the house. But she really wouldn’t care, she let me and Dontae sleep in the same bed. I would have been pregnant like her if it won’t for that Plan B pill..but that is another story. My phone starting play 'Take me Away' by Keyshia Cole, I knew it was Dontae calling.
"What?" I said with frustration in my voice.
"Oh that’s how it is now. No hey bae, I love you Dontae?" I can tell I just pissed him off.
"I guess it is how it is now. But what you want? I need this nap before this party."
"Oh. Them hoe parties you be going to frontin' like you don’t got a man and stuff." really...why is he getting mad?
"Well technically tonight I’m not gonna be frontin' cuz as of right now I don’t have a man." I said that with a little too much attitude.
"Oh really. Thats why yo ass aint going to no damn party. Get ya ass up and get dress. We are going to dinner. And I’m not playing with you Erika. When I get there yo ass better be ready, not looking like a hoe like you was at the mall. And Ol' boy that you were flirtin' with...Let's just say I handled that." His voice was so full of emotions, I heard pain & anger the most. He has never really cussed at me, so I’m a little scared. And what do he mean handled? Is Chris alright?
"Ok." I said softly
"Be ready at 5. I love you Erika." I just hung up.
Where is my mom when I need her? I need outfit advice as well as love advice. This time I wish I had an older sister. But Kia will due for right now. I started texting her.
"Kia...I need your help"
"What's wrong boo?"
"Everything.. I’m not going to the party tonight. I gotta go out with Tae."
"Dang. I guess I’m not going either. Jay is tripping so can you pick me up when you get back."
"Yea. I can. You staying with me right?"
"Yeaa."
"Ohk. Take care sweetie."
"I will try. Have Dontae ever hit you?"
"Heck no. He may be crazy but not stupid. Why?"
"Oh nevermind. Bye ttyl have fun"
"Bye boo"
Something about that conversation, made me feel a little off. I can’t just figure out what it is and i don’t wanna jump to conclusions. But I don’t want my best friend out there getting hurt while I am having fun. Ugh, Kia needs to be alright.
That was a really good chapter!!!! Damn talk about a daddy's girl....ten thousand dollars LIMIT? girl got it real good lol .... I can imagine her outfits she probably be look fly all the time..... Home girl needs to give tht chris guy a try and make tae jealous *evil laugh* .... But I pray Kia is not getting hit? Anyways I loved this chapter and can't wait till the next one !!! :)
ReplyDeleteWoah kia why that question though? -_- . I hope her and her boyfriend is alright...i wonder what dontae meant by handling chris hmmm....
ReplyDelete